Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Corner Horn Compression Driver... Change ?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member pocketchange's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2007
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Greetings to ALL,
    Any thoughts on Compression Driver(s) ?
    Typical PWK Corner Horn with the Atlas PD-5VH CD.
    802D/511 came to mind.
    Nothing wrong with things the way they are, just found the above setup in the back of a (closing) repair shop and it started the grey matter churning .

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Corner Horn Compression Driver...   Change ?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Check Lansing heritage forums- a whole bunch of Klipsch posts. Also the Klipsch forum.

    I don't like the Atlas driver.

    But I would worry about a one inch Altec going low enough. And frankly, running the folded horn to 500 HZ makes no sense to me.

    Were I playing here, I'd look at a newer 300-400 hz horn and a larger format driver.

    And a Behringer DCX 2496 to align everything properly.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Greets!

    Yeah, a 311-90/288 + super tweeter or WP's mid/HF for his 7 Pi corner horn makes much more sense: http://www.pispeakers.com/AvailableC...m#Professional

    GM

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Corner Horn Compression Driver...   Change ?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by GM:


    Yeah, a 311-90/288 + super tweeter or WP's mid/HF for his 7 Pi corner horn makes much more sense: GM
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If I was gonna tweet anyway I'd 290. Just my 7 cents, adjusted for inflation geared to the component cost these days.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Greets!

    I was thinking more in terms of just capping off the super tweeter, but if going with a higher order at a lower XO point, then you're right, might as well go cheaper especially since one can argue that the more massive diaphragm with fewer break-up modes will do the lowest octaves better overall.

    GM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.